After I got the print done the way I wanted, I added some Monarch Orange archival ink with stencils, then crumpled the page into a ball for added texture:
Next I inserted a corner of the print into a Sizzix Texture Fade folder, folding the remaining paper around it so it would fit into my Vagabond. I dry embossed two sections of the print this way. That's a major benefit of working on a loose page, because of course you couldn't put your whole art journal in there.
I did some more stenciling, then colored, stamped and applied the canvas circles. I used a different Gelli print to cut the Sizzix Washer Border die. The print didn't look like much on its own, but I love the cut from it:
I stamped Dyan Reaveley's leaves onto packaging waste and moved it around the page to see where I'd like to use it. I do that all the time to try out positioning, because once you stamp in archival ink - you'd better be sure you meant it.
I set up my small word on a scrap of cardboard, to make the tiny letters easier to work with, and to pop it up off the page. Then I did the same packaging/positioning trick to decide on placement for my letters.
If you'd care to see more, I did a tutorial on using the Gelli Plate last month here.
ENABLER ALERT: Dick Blick has the Gelli Arts Printing Plate on sale right now.
Hope you'll pop over to the Eclectic Paperie blog for our canvas challenge, and also be sure to visit Carolyn's Gelli Plate Party, which runs through Monday. Thanks so much for visiting!